1. Clap your hands if you like winter!, 2. painting with light, 3. Neuschwanstein Castle, 4. 131/365
One last love list before off to grandmother's house we go for the holidays.
Making me merry in the last days of December:
- Susannah's annual (free!) the-year-ahead workbook. Can't wait to sit down with this over vacation and plot out some dreams and goals for 2012.
- wrapping up presents and using Japanese masking tape -- I realize I am about three years behind on this trend, but am now embracing it wholeheartedly!
- the fact that it's completely expected and encouraged this time of year to indulge in decadences, like eating molleux au chocolat with heaping dollops of creme fraiche, and drinking coffee with a healthy glug of Baileys in it.
- cozy evenings playing boardgames and beating Benjamin at Carcassonne.
- a massive bowl of succulent clementines.
- my mini suitcase packed with soft new sweaters from Kookai.
- experimenting with nail polish combinations -- today: moon gray + pink shimmer; tomorrow: tomato red + bronze glitter.
- the giddy anticipation brought on by packages under the tree with my name them! (will never be too old for this)
If you're celebrating this weekend, I hope your day is filled with love, laughter, and shiny new toys (just kidding, kind of)! And if not, a glorious day to you regardless!