Love List Friday Lovestravaganza: 02.12.10


Love lists are appropriate year-round, but because this weekend is Valentine's, it seemed a good idea to turn this Friday's into a Lovestravaganza! Extra Pink edition.

  • Chuck and Blair A favorite fictional couple, mostly because hearing Ed say "I'm Chuck Bass" pretty much never gets old.
  • Another thing that never gets old? Jane Austen. Luckily I found out (through Corinna's post) about the newest BBC adaptation of Emma while the episodes are still available online at PBS Masterpiece Classics (until March 9th). All it really takes to make me happy is an empire waist dress and some lush English countryside, but having said that, I thought Johnny Lee Miller's Mr. Knightly was a bit lackluster.
    • The delectably quirky jewels of Q-pot -- how crazy is that Alice in Wonderland eye and teardrop ring? And I know if I wore that strawberry whip cream one, I'd catch myself trying to lick it every other minute.
    • Demeter Fragrances and their exactly-what-they-say-they-are scents. Because why wouldn't you want to smell like Mildew or Fresh Hay? I am a fan of the combo technique -- a spritz of Fireplace layered with Snow, and it's like winter in my personal corner of Florida.
    • Notebook Doodles -- a lovely, lovely blog; a soft and thoughtful aesthetic with dreamy photos and illustrations and handwritten notes in a font that is destined to become iconic.
    I think I've reached my sweetness quota for one post, so I bid you bonne weekend and a Happy Valentines Day!

    Love and cotton candy,
    Lilie

    12 comments:

    Mitzi Curi said...

    I love your compilation of sweet things. The unusual jewelry from Q-pot was awesome!

    flowing moments said...

    I loved going through your pink love list ... and wearing a fragrance of Fireplace layered with snow is so romantic and poetic :) happy valentine to you !

    frauheuberg said...

    so lovley finds here...poetic and magical...to dream about...a lovley start in the weekend...thanks for sharing...until then a happy valentine´s day...cheers ines...

    GOSIA said...

    thanks for introducing the Doodle Notebook blog. I love it!!

    Marie said...

    nice meeting you at byw...came to check out your blog, i love it! will be visiting more often :)

    one sydney road said...

    What a gorgeous compilation! I love, love, love the eye and teardrop ring...how fun is that?! And I'm with you...notebook doodles is such a great blog. I always love the handwritten notes. Glad we "met" in BYW! I'll be visiting :)

    joyefulart said...

    Sooo glad that I found your blog from our class BYW!! Love it, your music, your romantic finds, everything!! Still developing mine, yours is something to aspire to. Will bookmark it and visit often, have a great day!!

    Lana {lanalou style} said...

    Lovely post and your new header is so pretty!!

    Jessie said...

    so much beauty here! I *love* your sign off "love and cotton candy"!!

    Unknown said...

    This post is just so lovely!! I am sooo in love with Chuck and Blair, so I especially appreciated that :) And also wanted to say that your header is so gorgeous and I love your about me- the way you did it is so unique and personal!

    sodapop DESIGN said...

    What beautiful und lovely finds! I really like your blog and your sparkle-header.

    clarity said...

    Notebook Doodles is an awesome blog. Is it appropriate that i get butterflies in my stomach every time I hear Ed "I'm Chuck Bass." ? I love the pic you posted of them here too.

    Post a Comment