original photo by Tinker*Tailer
I just spent an hour at the etsy forums, getting some book recommendations from other shopkeepers. since I'll have a full 8 hours crossing the Atlantic from here to Paris next week, I'll be needing something good to read to keep me occupied.
This got me thinking about books i love, and inspired me to write up a top 10 list here. It would be too hard to do a list of my top 10 books of all time, so I'm just going to do the 10 best books I've read within the past year.
So here goes:
10. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
9. Brandenburg Gate by Henry Porter
8. The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
because I have a weakness for Brit(ish) Chick Lit
7. The Hills of Tuscany by Ferenc Mate
because I'll read any memoir ever written about living in Tuscany
6. A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore
thank you to Miho for sending me this and introducing me to a really fun and totally wacked out writer :)
5. A Year in the World by Frances Mayes
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows by J.K. Rowling
3. Persuasion by Jane Austen
her last completed novel, and the only one I hadn't read yet -- it may be my new favorite.
2. Without Reservations by Alice Steinbach
1. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert