Show and Tell

Because the inside of my mind is mainly stuffed with Peruvian opals and Czech glass and golden wire these days, I haven't had many actual thoughts to share. But today I came upon a lovely blog and found the following assignment, which looked totally fun and gives me an excuse to share some pretty pictures and music.
This is the premise:

With as much creativity as you can muster, show your heart in:
1 picture
1 song or piece of music
1 phrase or quote
1 item of clothing
1 place
1 Disney princess

1 picture:
Sometimes I think that my best photographs are all behind me. That I'll never again have the sheer fun of grabbing my old Canon, a few rolls of film, and a good friend willing to get all dolled up for a photoshoot field trip. I hope that's not true.

spring
Saratoga Springs, NY 1999

1 song:

1 quote:
"If your job is to dance, do your dance. If the divine cockeyed genius assigned to your case decides to let some sort of wonderment be glimpsed for just one moment through your efforts, then OLÉ, and if not, do your dance anyhow, and OLÉ to you nonetheless. OLÉ to you nonetheless just for having the sheer human love and stubbornness to keep showing up."
- Elizabeth Gilbert on creativity, from her brilliant talk at TED

1 item of clothing:
Living in a hot climate has given me an appreciation for soft, airy fabrics like voile and Indian cotton. Things that feel like they are just barely brushing your skin. Nothing tight or ornate, just as natural and loose and cool as possible.

moghul flower tunic from toast

1 place:
If there is any place more comforting and full of promise than a bakery, I haven't yet been there. I'm pretty sure this is exactly what heaven smells like.



1 Disney princess:
She wasn't exactly a princess, but Alice has long been a muse of mine.


Annie Leibovitz for Vogue


1 comments:

mosey said...

super post, super blog! :)

Post a Comment