love list friday: 4.8.11

1. Untitled, 2. Untitled, 3. Untitled, 4. swaying in the wind

Rocking my world this week:
  • MISFITS : We ended up watching both seasons in a matter of days. If you haven't seen it, I dare you not to get completely hooked. HBM (Hot British Men), a plethora of neat accents, crudely sly humour, seriously good use of music, and general awesomeness.
  • carrot ginger dressing : SO GOOD! After overdosing on cheese and sweets during my first weeks in France, I am back to my mostly vegetarian diet of fruit smoothies and massive salads. I could eat an entire head of lettuce with this dressing. Try it, it's easy!
  • dinner at CAP : Dining out in the middle of the week on an especially balmy night, terrace seating overlooking the glimmering Seine river, immersed in deep conversation? I'm not sure it gets better than that.
  • stocking my (adorable) kitchen : shiny new pots & pans, casserole dishes, tidy glass containers for storing pasta and quinoa and other goodies, measuring cups and spoons... I think I get the same joy from a well-organized kitchen as some women do from a closet-full of shoes.
  • Jardin des Plantes : the sunny weather this week begged for outdoor activities, so off to the park I went. Tulips, poppies, giant cherry trees, Art Deco metal and glass hothouses, a glimpse of kangaroos in the menagerie, ambling along shaded pathways in sandalled feet, indulging in a simple crepe with sugar...

Lastly, I made a fresh and frilly desktop wallpaper and thought I'd share with those of you who'd like to get your cherry blossom fever on. Happy Spring!




Extra Wide: 1920x1200

*images are for personal use only, merci!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

How beautiful! I love your posts! :)

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the wallpaper! now my desktop is all springy.

I totally agree about having an organized kitchen :)

Post a Comment