It's been over three months since the last love list, which is just wrong considering how excessively awesome this spring/summer has been. But never mind that -- summer is still young and there are heaps more fun and exciting plans coming up and I
will try am going to be diligent about documenting the goodness. Especially on camera. Which brings me to the first item of love on this week's list:
- Susannah's August Break is starting up again! I participated last year and loved it. So expect less words but more photos from me next month.
- being reunited with my darling Kitty and playing epic rounds of KILL THE STRING. If there is one (or rather, two) things I miss about living in the states, it is my cats (Kitty, who lives w/the parentals, and Claire, who lives with my brother). Small Paris-sized apt. + boyfriend allergic to cats = no kitty cuddles pour moi.
- oh, the third thing I missed while in Paris -- having access to an excellent library. During my month in Florida, I've read about fifteen or so books, and it's been absolutely decadent and soul-satisfying. My favorites so far have been HOME TO WOEFIELD, Carrie Ryan's YA zombie trilogy, and the one I'm currently immersed in: the claustrophobia-inducing but awesome ACROSS THE UNIVERSE.
- shallow but true: SHOPPING! I came here with one half-empty suitcase and I'll be returning with two full-to-the-brim ones. Anthropologie home goods, J.Crew basics, jeans that aren't a mile too long, ballet flats that actually fit my minuscule feet...
- last but best: the happy shiny new visa sticker in my passport that means the French consulate is going to let me go stay in Paris for a year! You don't even want to know how much paperwork and online forms were involved. But so worth it.
Happy weekend everyone!