love list friday: 07.29.11

1. ., 2. Turquoise, 3. DCAM0008, 4. Golden Fishes
Is it me, or was this week a complete blur? I can't even remember what I did yesterday -- it's all a haze of too-bright sunshine, the drone of lawnmowers, and feasting on plums and kiwis and mangos. Must be summer. How are you (in the northern hemisphere) coping with this heat?

Despite zipping by all too fast, there are some  love-worthy points to celebrate from this week:

  • my current reads: DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth and A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES by Deborah Harkness. Am especially enthralled with the latter's rich depictions of Oxford and musty old libraries and somewhat fresh perspective on paranormal folk (witches and vampires and daemons, oh my).
  • train reservations made for a trip to Cologne, Germany next month -- can't wait!
  • the grand news that one of my best friends is coming to Paris in August and I get to explore yet another exciting locale with her. (So far we've done Tokyo, New York, and Hawaii.)
  • coming up with a new necklace design that I've become completely obsessed with -- I can't stop making them! in every possible color combination! and I'm going to keep them all because each time I make one I can't bear to part with it! and they make me use too many exclamation points!
  • lastly, the fact that my sweetheart is flying in tomorrow(!) -- will be introducing him to the parentals, showing him the Floridian wildlife: lizards, snakes, parrots, herons...(and that's just my backyard), and  finally going to see the last Harry Potter (have been waiting so we could see it together).
Meet you back here next week! Enjoy the weekend, everyone.

3 comments:

Ken said...

I like how all the pictures colors and concepts go together...like the balloons look like the bubbles from the fish. Great!

Anonymous said...

oh i love turquoise. and i love your photos.

Hope said...

wonderful presentaion

Post a Comment