Filling me up with happiness this week:
- the arrival of autumn in Paris -- crisp blue skies, honey-gold light, rust-colored leaves underfoot, an excuse to borrow the boyfriend's thick scarf to ward off the brisk wind, ducking into a cafe for a warming cup of chocolat chaud...so much to love about this season.
- leek and ginger fried rice -- have made it at least three times in the last couple weeks and it's quickly becoming my go-to dish when i want something yummy, filling, easy, and have barely anything left in the fridge.
- petits pots de creme au caramel -- spoonfuls of the most intense deliciousness. i get mine from the store, but you could try making it at home with this recipe.
- an unexpected but very welcome urge to return to drawing. i honestly haven't hand-drawn anything in nearly a decade, but this past weekend when i was feeling stressed and under pressure, i asked myself what would make me happy, and the answer was to sit down and draw. i ended up spending the entire day lost in sketching and inking in intricate, delicate patterns, and haven't stopped since (with breaks only to go to school and shower and such).
- anticipation for the Photo Meditations e-course. lately my poor Canon has been gathering dust on the shelf, and i think Susannah's class will be the perfect motivator to get clicking again.
What's been making you smile this week?