Musical Interlude Tuesday : Do Dil



Today's musical offering is from Noori, a Pakistani band comprised of two brothers. I came upon this completely by accident (I was looking for a song called Noori) and immediately fell for it -- I think it has something to do with a particular guitar chord, or combination of chords that I respond to. Not being musical I don't know what that chord is, but when I hear it, my whole being seems to vibrate at the same frequency. Robert Fulghum described this phenomenon in one of his books (apparently the hum of his refrigerator matches his personal key).
The video has entirely too much soulful-eyes-looking-into-the-camera and emo hair-tossing and the first 30 seconds gets annoying, BUT the brothers are kinda beautiful and those opening chords just make my heart sing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment