Not a Marathon, but a Sprint!


I am very sorry for my lack of posting but sadly I had to absent myself because of a death in the family.

We are now 22 days in NaNoWriMo; while I was gone, Lilie kept going hard but without her cuddly support, it seems that she gradually lost her mojo. But I am back now and I fully intend to have my 50,000 word novel at the end of the month. So we are changing from marathon to sprint, with half the amount of words left with only a third of the time.

So how do you motivate a writer? what do you do when even french pastry is not enough? well, I have a few options:
  • make time, a lot of time, remove all other chores
  • not so subtle pressure and a reminder of the work to be done
  • massages and other niceties that only a boyfriend can provide
Still I realize now that deep inside, there is nothing I can do, it is frustating but I am not the one writing. The words can only come from Lilie and it must come at the pace of her inspiration. Nevertheless, we are not giving up and we are still on for the finish line.

2 comments:

Inês Seabra said...

So sorry to hear about your loss... Let's celebrate that person's life as blessing!

I see you've been taken good care of Lilie. I know it's hard when we realize things are not in our hands, but when nothing's left to do, there will always be love to give.

Dear Lilie, I look forward to hear the good news that you've completed your novel, so be strong and let your imagination flow freely!
Much love from Portugal.
**

Lilie said...

Thank you for your kind thoughts Inês,
Your encouragement means a lot.
I've had so much support with writing this novel, it definitely makes me try even harder to complete it.
xoxo

Post a Comment