So the 10-year anniversary of ye olde blog came and went unheralded last March (I was too busy moving to Paris to notice), but in the spirit of better late than never, I thought I'd host a wee celebration now. As much as I'd like to have you all over for tea and eclairs, plane tickets are expensive this time of year (when are they not?), so instead we're having:
The Prize: a bead necklace from my color story collection + a Parisian postcard + delectable French bonbons + any other sparkly notions i can fit in the envelope.
To Enter: leave a comment telling me what your favorite book is, and if you're so inclined, what you love about it.
Details: open internationally. A random drawing will be held and the winner announced and notified at the end of September.
This isn't really a promotional sort of giveaway, so if you'd like to tweet/facebook/blog/skywrite about it, that's lovely and appreciated but not required. Mostly I'm hoping that you'll stop by and say hello -- I'd love to hear from old friends and get to know new ones even better.
Now, to properly commemorate Lilie Green's 10th anniversary, it is only fitting I do a top 10 list. So, after pouring through the archives, I present to you:
- 10. the sad tale of how i tried to file my taxes in japan
- 9. the hardest $100 i ever earned
- 8. a day in the life of an English teacher
- 7. waxing poetic about the soundtrack of life
- 6. my 7th anniversary post (still applicable)
- 5. super-saturated photo-logue of tokyo
- 4. epic NYC post is epic
- 3. tooth-achingly frou frou, PINK, and alarmingly preoccupied with cake
- 2. firsts
- 1. and from all the way back in 2001, my stint as a kindergarten teacher in the japanese countryside
*a special mention for the sense and swoon-ability post, which is by far the most popular, and continues to receive a bajillion hits every month (that Jane Austen, hogging all my traffic)
Thanks for reading, everyone! I hope you'll continue to support my photo/travel/design/personal/can't-make-up-its-mind blog for several more years to come :)